Thursday, May 24, 2012

Big news

First things first... I am making a vow to never let my tupperware cabinet, or any cabinet for that matter, look like this again! Yikes, right? But I must say I had fun doing some late night kitchen sorting with my roommate Jason a few nights ago.


As I mentioned before, our kitchen is going to be yellow... so you can imagine my excitement when I inherited these dainty little shot glasses (unfortunately the matching booze wasn't included, but I'll take what I can get!) I also got a few platters, a set of plates and some mugs- thanks for the generosity, roomie!


Another great find hiding in the back of the cabinets... these porcelain "brass" handled mugs. I believe I picked them up around the holiday season two years ago from sbux (thank you holiday discount) but I have never managed to put them into use... What is wrong with me?!


Anyways, the big news is... I JUST GOT THE KEYS!!
I did a walkthrough this morning with the maintenance dude, and while there are a few issues to attend to, (broken door on medicine cabinet, tiny and semi-gross shower head in the corner of the bath and the switch in the main bedroom does nothing) he said they will all be fixed during the next week before we fully move in. Whew! I wasn't looking forward to using that shower but I think an update will change my perspective...


Lastly, I've decided that I want to share some things besides all the "stuff" I'm doing with my apartment. One of these is our ever-growing record collection. Over the past few months I've started to solely use the record player in our dining room if I want to listen to music at home. It's so refreshing! I plan to take this habit with me so it seems like a great idea to start sharing some of my favorite music with you...


The sun is shining, the windows are open and Fragile, by Yes is the perfect soundtrack to the day. Early 70's progressive rock- I love you. At about eight and a half minutes 'Roundabout' isn't the longest track on this album, but it sure is my favorite! At a close second is 'Long Distance Runaround' - but really the whole album flows so well, why am I picking favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I am so in love with those brass handled mugs! Starbucks holiday always has the best little goodies.

    ReplyDelete