Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh hey

In exactly ten days my boyfriend and I will be moving into our new apartment. For the past two years we have lived with two other guys in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood. I have fallen in love with the tree lined boulevard and the shops that surround the heart of the square, so when we decided to find a place on our own I knew we couldn't go far. Much to my delight I found a charming little place not too far from our current apartment and about equal distance to all my favorite places!


This is the first box I packed for the move and it is full of my favorite knick knacks. Mostly elephants a few owls and a chicken.

After filling a few boxes with books and movies I decided to take a coffee break. I also managed to stop into the vintage shop down the street to do the opposite of packing. A few weeks ago I found a little black dress and a funky oversized fish necklace at A Touch Of Vintage. I have underutilized this shop in the past, but with a great find today I think I may become a regular...


A lovely three piece yellow set of serveware and mustard measuring cups. Since our apartment is going to be painted all white I am picking an accent color for each room and the kitchen's is yellow. Earlier in the week I started working on a pegboard that will hang in my kitchen. I found this tutorial in the Design*Sponge At Home book. It will hold pots and pans and one day in the future the herbs I plan on growing...



In case you didn't know, my name is Ashley and I hope that I can share with you the things I find inspiring. The next ten days will be filled with packing, planning and plenty of thrifting. After the big move it will be time to decorate and I am excited to share the experience!



It was a long day but I filled and labeled all the boxes I sat out for myself. Thanks to the siren for the cardboard and caffeine required to make this day a success.



1 comment:

  1. I have loved the idea of a yellow kitchen since falling in love with sunflowers! I can't wait to see your progress posts. :)

    ReplyDelete