Thursday, June 14, 2012

Weekend thrifting

I know it's only Thursday... but I'm considering today and tomorrow my weekend since I'll be working (lame) the actual one.

The good news is, everything is unpacked! It took two weeks, but I've said goodbye to the boxes and it's a relief. The bad news... while I love our spacious digs, we have a lot of open space to fill. With this in mind I headed to The Salvation Army to try and find some inexpensive furniture. I fell in love with an end table (which I am going to pick up later today) but other than that I found few smaller items that I think will fit in around here.


Love this glass bottle and matching stopper. I was just talking about how I wanted some of these... first piece in my soon to be collection?!



Simple serving tray in great condition and a yellow "coffee" jar!

So, what's next? Well... my friend Aaron recently made an herb planter out of a repurposed tea tin and then made this fantastic timelapse video (isn't watching something grow magical?) This week he has been helping me to create my own and tomorrow we are painting and putting the finishing touches on the tins. I'm excited to share the finished product with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment